This page is designed to help you choose the right learner approved motorcycle for you, guide you on how to get your learners motorcycle licence, and avoid the most common mistakes we see people make as they become a LAMS motorcycle rider here in Australia.
LAMS stands for Learner Approved Motorcycles. Technically, the Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme which is run by the Australian Government to restrict Learner and Provisional licence holders to a power to weight ratio bike with specific engine capacity. It applies to motorcycles and scooters.
- Essentially, the power to weight ratio of a motorcycle is the ratio of the maximum net power output of the engine to the bike's weight. This ratio determines the acceleration - the higher the ratio the faster the motorbike can accelerate.
- While you are here make sure you check out the huge promo sale we have on the Braaap LAMS approved motorcycles and new models.
From petrol motorcycles to electric motorcycles, we can get you where you want to go, how you want to go. Whether you are traveling on road or hitting the trails, we have got something for you.
We offer Low Weekly payment plans and are here to chat on 0499 27 22 27 :)
- Each year we see thousands of people ride motorcycles for the first time. This page is our best effort at passing on what we have learned from helping novice riders, learners, and provisional riders get on the road with the best suited LAMS bike for them.
- We would love to chat to you and help you get on the road!
- Chat on the Phone > Click here
- Payment Plan's > Click Here
The braaap CRUISER “400cc twin” is Australia’s #1 value cruiser by braaap,
ABS brakes headlined by the twin disk front end will give all the stopping power you will need to tame the twin piston parrell twin 400cc engine. USD forks make this classic looking cruiser a smooth ride and ensure it is finished with all the modern specs you need from a new motorcycle!
ST250 cafe racer
A bike that's style has captured the heart of riders across our country, a bike that inspires customisation through our cafe racer options catalogue and a bike that makes you want to ride! No matter if you are looking for a daily commuter or weekend adventure bike the Shadow will get you on the highway or through the city with enough speed & more than enough style!
The braaap Moto4 “400cc twin” is Australia’s #1 value High performance LAMS Sports Bike by braaap,
ABS brakes headlined by the twin disk front end will give all the stopping power you will need to tame the twin piston parrell twin 400cc engine. USD forks make the Moto4 a smooth ride & ensure it is finished with all the modern specs you need from a new motorcycle!Check out the Moto4 here
Our aim is to be the #1 Value Electric Motorcycle in the world. We believe the braaap MotoE is exactly that!
Our price point is designed to bring electric motorcycling into the future by no longer giving gasoline powered bikes a huge advantage on price, The braaap MotoE is so aggressively priced that it will shake up the whole motorcycle industry.
Street Superlite 125cc (Street Legal)
The braaap Street Superlite (SS125) is one of the most unique motorcycles on the road. On road and off road; the Street Superlite It's all about the fun factor.
M3 - 250cc Sports Bike
While the M3 is targeted at the LAMS market it is also most often the bike of choice for commuters looking for an economical, stylist and adrenaline filled way to get to and from work each day.With ABS Brakes and All new Italian inspired fairing design & super aggressively priced the braaap M3 is very hard to walk past. Actually many riders have said they save more by riding to work than what the weekly payment plan is on a braaap M3.